Saturday, August 12, 2017

THESE WISE WORDS


Meeka - Photo by Michelle Shaffer

My cat.....

There are a lot of things I could say about these photos.  My cat is often my muse, sometimes a thorn in my side, but mostly she makes me smile. 

I don't want to make this post about my cat, though.  The inspiration for this one came from my brother. He saw the first photo on Instagram and told me to make a meme out of it....something like FML, or the like.  Since meme's aren't what I'm about, I thought I'd come up with some blog to tell a story about life's little lessons, about one in particular. 

Say what?... 

We all have had a moment like this...moments that we could just bury our heads in the sand and forget what happened.  Moments that might be embarrassing, shaming, or simply just stunning. I don't know about you, but I have a lot of moments like this.  There are a ton of acronyms, stolen from modern texting, that could describe them.....FML, SMH, WTF...and a new one I just learned, KMN.  Anyway, you get the idea.

And...

Life sucks...we all know that.  Hopefully, though, we all know it has some awesome perks!...you know, being ALIVE is one!!  Seriously, though.  I've spent a significant amount of time talking with someone that has been going through a rough time, and I've had the chance to impart some of my hard earned wisdom.  What I've learned is that without those "FML" moments, we wouldn't appreciate those GR8 moments!  (Sorry...couldn't resist the acronym. 😄)

So...

Meeka - Photo by Michelle Shaffer
Open your eyes...like Miss Meeka here >>>>>
...and say hello to the world...say hello to your pain, to your grief, to your hurt...welcome it...embrace it...deal with it....Because if you don't, you'll never realize that there's only one way to go from here....UP.  It won't be pretty, and it will most assuredly "suck"...but, from words my mamma always said, "this too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fountain of Giving

The tale of the Fountain of Giving... In a beautiful forest, surrounded by tall trees, singing birds, animals large and small, stands a ston...